Sunday, August 16, 2009

Billie finds success

Earlier, I had written about Billie the bee, who tried to find work as a model but did not really have the know-how. Well, an entire semester of courses on posture, lighting, and finding her best angle has given Billie the boost she needs, and here she returns in her most stunning work to date--the spread that made her a household name.




This one made the cover of the August 2009 issue of betty bee magazine!


The story of Billie is really just to give me an excuse to display more than one of these bee photos, because I could not pick just one. This was such a funny occurrence--at the Portland market, a bee landed on the zinnias I was photographing, and then here at the Beaverton market, a bee again chose the flowers I was shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment