Sunday, August 16, 2009

the ground gives birth to miniature rainbows


I visited one of Portland's many farmer's (farmers' ?) markets today, this one being the Saturday Portland Farmer's Market at the Portland State University park blocks. On Thursday, I had chanced upon the smaller-scale Thursday Farmer's Market in Nob Hill/Pearl District while on my way to Patagonia (an outdoor gear store), and found a stall selling the most inspiring and vibrant bouquets I remember seeing recently, run by a family. I found out that they also did the Saturday market, and the girl I spoke with said they had an even bigger selection then, so along I came, with the goal to buy flowers to photograph. The vendors above are actually a different family; there were a few stalls, all run by Asian families (interestingly enough), selling lovely flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment